Jobcentre Plus, part of the Department for Work and Pensions, brings together employment and benefit services for people of working age and is a key element in the Government’s objectives to help people based on ‘Work for those who can, support for people who cannot’. It provides a professional and modern service to meet the diverse needs of employers and those seeking work, including:
- Personal advisers to provide pratical support and advice to help those in need find and keep work, including training provision and benefits guidance
- A dedicated service to support employers in filling their vacancies quickly and successfully
- Ability to place and search for jobs both online and over the phone (via Jobpoints and through Jobseeker Direct and Employer Direct)
- Swift, secure and professional access to benefits for those entitled to them.
For those with Disabilities or long term Health Conditions it may be helpful to request a meeting with the Disability Employment Adviser (DEA) but not everyone with a disability would necessarily see the DEA. There are a number of DEAs within most offices.
To ring any jobcentre call 0845 604 3719
- Help for jobseekers: www.direct.gov.uk/jobsearch
- Information on benefits: www.direct.gov./benefits
- Businesses wanting to advertise vacancies should go to www.businesslink.co.uk/jobcentreplus